Friday 13 September 2013

1 year anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of quitting my day job to run gooseberrymoon full time and it has flown by! I feel so lucky to be able to do something that I love for a living. I'd be lying if I said it's easy but easy would be boring. The hardest part is not having enough hours in the day for one person to achieve all that I want to, so I have to remind myself how far I've come and all those little achievements add up. Probably one of the biggest achievements in this time is completing The Art and Business of Surface pattern design course. Doing this course had resulted in my work being featured in two amazing online publications firstly Moyo Magazine and secondly Print and Pattern design blog. Creating patterns is so much fun and there's nothing better than seeing them on actual products like my phone cases, notebooks and greetings cards.

I've had some great news over the past couple of days. My Welsh greetings cards are going to be stocked by North Wales Tourism and one of my patterns is going to be featured in an actual book! Not sure which pattern but the book is called New Pattern Design published by Zeixs. I'll keep you up to date when I get more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment